What is Paleo diet ?
What is the paleo diet? Good question!
The paleo diet is a focus on eating natural, real food that is widely available with little or no processing. In other words, the paleo diet focuses on eating the way nature intended us to eat.
Our current diet is relatively recent, as we’ve only been eating this way for about 10,000 years. In contrast, most estimates say that humans have been around for a little over two million years. Now that’s a long time. The paleo diet focuses on eating food the way we ate before the last 10,000 years.
Nowadays, the Standard American Diet (SAD), featuring sugar, refined sugar, and even more sugar, is simply ruining the health of almost anyone who tries to eat according to the food pyramid.
Clearly something is not working. The paleo diet seeks to fix that.
What Can I Eat on The Paleo Diet?
What foods can you eat on the paleo diet? Good question!
Here is a quick run-down of the foods allowed on the paleo diet. These are the ones that our ancestors would have had access to on a regular basis.
• Lean meats – Chicken, Mutton, Eggs, Turkey, Beef etc (try to eat the grass-fed versions of these if at all possible)
• Fish – salmon, tilapia, bass, etc.
• Eggs – go for it
• Vegetables – don’t leave these out!
• Some fruit – Berries and the less sugary fruits are best
• Nuts – in moderation (and not peanuts)
• Natural oils – olive, coconut and avocado oils